Thursday, March 3, 2011

Coca-Cola, Quench Your Corrupted Thirst

When I think of drinking a nice, cold, refreshing coke, corruption is the last thing on my mind. When I go bottoms up on a Coke, I am looking for some nice, fizzy refreshment, not a life lesson on corrupted companies. Well come to find out, the labels should read, "Corrupted-Cola."

A brain fart resulted in my lack of a creative blog post to satisfy all of my fans. One simple google search, and here I am, just trying to make people happy. I searched google for, "corrupted corporations," very original I know. What came up was a list of the top ten corrupted business in America today, number 4 on this list was the Coca-Cola company which came as a bit of a surprise to me so I furthered my research to, "killercoke.org." What I would find would forever change my outlook on Coca-Cola.

Corruption begins in the hiring process. If you do not have connections and know someone who currently works for Coke, odds are against you getting hired. Even if you are the most talented worker, if you want a positition that someones family member wants, they automatically get the positition. As messed up as this is, "who you know" hirings are gonna happen at any company. This is just a prick of the finger to the corruption at Coca-Cola.

The first murder was documented in Columbia in the year of 1990. Apparently a worker was acting up, got into it with a guard and was murdered right there.  Since then 7 people have been murder at Coca-Cola plants in Columbia, the last one being in 2002. Coca-Cola will deny these allegations, but are very shady when it comes to getting an investigation going to figure out the culprits. They refuse to give an independent investigation and have misled the public away from it. On the Coca-Cola website you can find all kinds of links to take you to anti-corruption sites, and "Coca-Cola Cares" slogans everywhere, trying to cover up these allegations.

Coca-Cola is the largest beverage manufacturer in the world, and with any success is gonna come failure. They fail at keeping their business as pure as they claim for it to be, and failed at abiding by the law. I do not see too much happening to Coke in the the long run just because of the name they have, and the sales they produce yearly. It would be a David and Goliath case, but David took down the giant once, I wouldn't say that it couldn't happen again

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dustin Jayroe,

    Once I started reading this post I got very interested. It's amazing that they would have that many murders in their factory and nobody notice. Surely they would have had this on the news somewhere or on something. That is not something that should be kept unknown to the public. I also thought that the egg experiment was pretty cool. Most people don't know what they are drinking unless you show them a visual of whats happening.

    The part in the post that said "Since then 7 people have been murder at Coca-Cola plants in Columbia, the last one being in 2002." really shocked me. You would think that this would be a sign to the workers to not work there anymore. If I was working at the Coca-Cola company I would have booked it out of there. It sounds like the Coca-Cola corporation is trying to cover up more than their share of secrets.

    Another part of the post I thought was interesting was the one that said "What came up was a list of the top ten corrupted business in America today, number 4 on this list was the Coca-Cola company." I was very surprised to know that Coca-Cola was that corrupted. I mean to be on number for of that list means they have done some pretty bad things. If Coca-Cola is up there I'm wondering what other corporation is up there also.

    Thank you so much for writing this very interesting blog post. I thought it was good to know what Coca-Cola is doing. I hope to see read more interesting topics like these in the future.

    Sincerely,
    Klipspringer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Writer,

    I really like this blog that you posted, the video is very interesting. I love coke and have been drinking it since I was little. This blog was very informal on the information that you gave me. I had no idea that your teeth get damaged from drinking a lot a coke during the day.

    I agree with your statement 'What came up was a list of the top ten corrupted business in America today, number 4 on this list was the Coca-Cola company." This really stud out to me in your blog.

    Overall this blog has a lot of good information on it and is very helpful on deciding to what i want to drink. Thanks for writing.

    Sincerely,
    Collard Dove

    ReplyDelete